WHAT IS PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY?
At this junction I would like us to look into the definition of the phrase Personal Responsibility:
- Personal Responsibility is the state or fact of having a duty to deal with something or of having control over someone.
- Personal Responsibility is the state or fact of being accountable or to blame for something.
- Personal Responsibility is the state of being the person who caused something to happen.
- Personal Responsibility is a duty or task that you are required or expected to do.
- Personal Responsibility is something that you should do because it is morally right, legally required, etc.
- Personal Responsibility is the individual desire to be in charge or in control of an action or situation.
- Personal Responsibility is the acknowledgement of the fact that I am personally responsible for what is happening in my life, in my surrounding and in my nation.
- Personal Responsibility is an act of being responsible for results and consequences of your decisions, actions and inactions in a given situation or circumstance.
- Personal Responsibility is when an individual volunteers to be in charge of duties, tasks and is ready to see to its fulfillment.
- Personal Responsibility is when a person refuses to submit his life into the hands of others, but would prefer to rather be a man and provide for his own needs.
- Personal Responsibility is when a person refuses to run away from challenges and difficulties, when he refuses to blame others, when he decides to rise to the occasion.
- Personal Responsibility is when a person sees a problem and refuses to be indifferent, but decides to rather look for ways and means of resolving the problem.
A responsible citizen is the one that sees something wrong in the society, something he is not satisfied with or that he cannot agree with and responds not by blaming the government or leaders. But by designing ways and means of bringing a lasting solution to the issues at hand.
For a nation to be truly transformed, there must be movements, civil societies, NGOs that are spread all across the land to educate people on the issues of Personal Responsibility. If a nation or rather active citizens of a nation could successfully launch such campaigns and a good percentage of the populace begin to live by the principles of Personal Responsibility, which is “don’t blame others”, think of what you can do to fix it. Such a nation would cross the huddle of civilization in a record time.
To be continued tomorrow with the following points:
- A challenge to bring enlightenment to everyone around you
- Why no one can escape being personally responsible.
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, CHURCH AND NATION
By Pastor Sunday Adelaja