Do you have what it takes to change the way the world tackles poverty?
The Global Fellows Program trains the next generation of social impact leaders
Gain world-class leadership training. Serve in the field with a social enterprise. Join a cohort of emerging leaders who will change the world. Applications for the next cohort of Global Fellows are open now!
Application Deadline: December 8th 2015
Now in its 11th year, the Global Fellows Program is a 12-month fellowship for individuals dedicated to changing the way the world tackles poverty. Acumen is looking for potential social sector leaders who embody service above self. Leaders who take a systems change approach to the world’s biggest problems and have the moral imagination to effect long term change.
The Acumen Global Fellows Program is a full-time 12-month fellowship designed to train the next generation of social leaders who demonstrate service above self.
- Acumen is looking for individuals dedicated to addressing the problems of poverty and who bring a blend of leadership capabilities and strong business skills that are relevant and translatable to building social businesses.
- Leaders who are strong collaborators, are self-aware and adaptive. Leaders who are dedicated to addressing the problems of poverty and bring a blend of leadership capabilities and strong business skills to the table.
- Acumen Fellows are a different kind of leader. And one day, they’re going to change the world.
Competitive applicants for the Global Fellows Program should meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrated passion and commitment to creating positive social change
- Proven track record of collaborative leadership and management responsibilities
- Experience living and working in emerging markets
- Grit, courage, and perseverance
- A minimum of 4 years work experience
- Strong business experience
- The fellowship begins with eight weeks of training in the Acumen New York office,where Fellows build their understanding of the problems of poverty, the current tensions on the sector as we explore solutions and understand the role we have to play.
- The 2 months are also an exploration and reflection on Self, Other, and System, requiring deep introspection, and a willingness to change our own values, beliefs, behaviors, before we can effect change in the world.
- After training, each Fellow is placed with a company withinAcumen’s ecosystem where they work on a key business challenge.
- In the past Fellows have worked on projects ranging from leading operations of a new business unit at a cotton ginnery in Uganda, to leading operations at a coffee processing company in Rwanda, to building partnerships for a vocational skills training company in India.
Applications are open from November 10 – December 8, 2015.
There are five parts of the initial application:
- Background Information
- Your Resume/CV
- Applicant Summary and Overview
- Essay Questions
- Two Professional References
- November 10: Online application process opens
- December 8 at 11:59 PM EST: Online application process closes
- January: Skype/Phone interviews conducted with selected candidates
- February – March: In-person interviews conducted with selected candidates
- April-May: Final candidates selected and offers made
For More Information: