PRACTICAL STEPS TO OVERCOMING DEPRESSION AND STAYING CONSTANTLY MOTIVATED.
- Be goal oriented. When you have a vision it is easier to get motivated.
“I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” – Michael Jordan
- Find inspiration by observing and following other people who have achieved what you aspire to become.
- Practice fantasy. Try to imagine the best of what you could become if you attain the goals you set before yourself. That would get you more motivated and excited as you focus on what you aspire to become in future.
“Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve.” –Napoleon Hill
- Try to build up anticipation of the new things you expect in your life. Make a list of expectations for a month, for the year and maybe even for the week and for the day.
- Put your goals in a visible place as a constant reminder of what you are about to attain.
- Get yourself an accountability partner. Try to have a partner who inspires you and vice versa.
- Commit yourself publicly. Because none of us like to be shamed. When we promise ourselves, we might not do it, but when we promise others, we tend to be more motived to keep to our words.
- Have a daily reminder of your goals. Sometimes it would be helpful to have an hourly reminder of your dream.
“Inspiration fires you up; motivation keeps you burning.” ― Stuart Aken
- Get yourself into a support group. If you want to quit smoking, you might need a support group. If you want to quit drinking, you might need to check into a rehabilitation center. If you want to improve your life, you might want to join a church, etc.
“We tend to steer our lives in the direction of the lessons we need to learn” ― Don Campbell
- Get yourself a mentor.
OTHER TIPS ON STAYING MOTIVATED.
- Read your Bible daily.
- Pray daily.
- Pray in the Spirit.
- Fellowship with like-minded people.
- Listen to inspirational talks.
- Live by plans and routines.
- Stop focusing on self. Quit the pity party.
- Commit to helping those who are in worse situations than you.
- Live a life of gratitude and thanksgiving.
- Live for something greater than yourself.
Ladies and gentlemen, I hope it was a good ride with you on the series of HOW TO CONSTANTLY STAY MOTIVATED. I am sorry I could not expound on all the points I gave above. This is simply because I try to be conscious of the length of this article. I however hope that I have been able to raise a topic that deserves to be given a more careful consideration. We all need to work on improving our motivation. Moreover, I believe this series will help you work out a personal system of self-motivation.
It is my hope that some of these ideas and concepts I provided in this article would go a long way in helping you become a better person. I also pray that our world will get to be a better place as a result. I hope our nations’ economies, would gain from better motivated citizens as a result of this series on how to constantly stay motivated.
Thank you for joining us on this week on this enlightening series. I hope you have been transformed and liberated from every struggle with staying motivated. We will be starting another amazing series tomorrow, you don’t want to miss it!
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, CHURCH AND NATION
By Pastor Sunday Adelaja.