HOW GREAT AND SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE THINK
Thinking plays a huge, if not a leading role in our destiny. We are a product of our thoughts, and there are no limitations in life except the limitations in our mind.
Great and successful people think systemically. As a result, they can build systems, solving even the most difficult problems. Losers, on the contrary, do not know how to think systematically, so their life is not effective and is filled with vanity. Let us learn together in this article the peculiarities of the thinking of great and successful people.
“As a man thinks in his heart, so is he …” King Solomon, the legendary ruler of the kingdom of Israel in 965-928 BC.
We have already said that great people are different from losers by their way of thinking. Another legend, King Solomon said in the Book of Proverbs of the Holy Scripture, “As a man thinks in his heart, so is he”. This means that who we are today and what we have achieved are products of our thoughts.
Dear reader, if you think you are an effective and successful person, then most likely you are, and if you think negatively about yourself, then you probably will not achieve anything in life. However, great people know how to think correctly, and therefore reach significant heights in life. Let’s look at how they think.
First, we need to understand that all successful people are maximalists and people of action. They have learned to maximize their resources and capabilities, and have developed a significant ability to work independently, exercise self-discipline and self-motivation, and also developed the ability to build systems in their minds, thereby solving every problem.
So, here is a list of how great people think:
- Constructively. Great people never allow themselves think chaotically without structure. The thinking of the greats is aimed at solving their assignments 24 hours a day. This is the exact opposite of chaotic thinking.
- Creatively. Great people are constantly looking for ways to come up with something new. As soon as they come up with an idea, they immediately write down their thoughts, fresh concepts, and also reflect on how they can apply them.
- Productively. Great people do not make a single step until they see in advance the end result, and this result should correspond to their goal. Every step they take is productive.
- Great people think about one question- “HOW?” daily and even hourly. How do I improve on this business? How do we solve this specific problem? How can I build an effective system?
- Optimistically. They know that everything can be achieved in this world; they only need to know how. They understand that all problems are solvable and refuse any thought that some issues cannot be resolved. Unlike many unsuccessful people who constantly complain about life and look for excuses for their own inconsistency, great people are optimistic.
- Futuristically. Great people think about the future and about their plans for the future. Great people never think about the past, unlike unsuccessful people, because such thoughts pull them back and contribute to their regression.
- Progressively. Great people think of how to improve things. The mode of thinking of progressive people is aimed at improving themselves and things already existing. They constantly use meditation and healthy criticism.
- Result-Oriented. Great people think about results and how to get them, not complaining or worrying about their problems.
- Solution-Directed. They are determined that everything must be solved. Therefore they constantly think about solutions.
- Great people think of how to find resources for their projects.
- Great people have “act now” mentality, thereby reducing the gap between their decision and actions. Their effectiveness depends on this mindset.
- Great people are always thinking of HOW to do things faster, How to make things better and HOW to achieve great results.
Dear friends, I hope from the points above, you can understand how successful people think. Their way of thinking is strikingly different from the thinking of mediocre and unsuccessful people who think the exact opposite. But always remember that your thoughts determine who you are today and who you will become tomorrow.
If you think that you will not be able to achieve success, then you will not succeed, and if you think you are a loser, unfortunately, you will be that very person you think you are. But if you accept to think the way great and successful people think, you will definitely become great because there are no limitations in life, except the limitations of the mind. You can learn how to think positively in my book “How to turn negative energy into positive energy”. Ultimately, the way great people think is aimed at the building of various systems through which they solve all problems.
As an example, I want to give you the thought pattern of a great man called Steve Jobs (1955–2011) – the co-founder and CEO of Apple, the main generator of ideas responsible for setting the direction of all the corporation’s activities for many years. Steve Jobs has forever changed the world of digital technology. The Apple company he founded has created a unique reputation thanks to its innovative technologies and aesthetic design. Nowadays, it’s difficult for us to imagine life without necessities such as iMac, iTunes, iPod, iPhone, and iPad. Jobs built a system through which people around the world each year get new digital technologies that would positively affect their quality of life. In 2014, the company was ranked the first on the planet by market capitalization.
Here are some thoughts that guided Steve Jobs in making a revolution in the world of electronics, which affected millions of people.
“Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.”
“The doers are the major thinkers. The people that really create the things that change this industry are both the thinker and doer in one person.”
“I contribute ideas, sure. Why would I be there if I didn’t?”
“I am the only person who knows what it means to lose a quarter of a billion dollars in a year. It creates in you a strong personality. ”
“Most of the time, we’re taking things. Neither you nor I made the clothes we wear; we don’t make the food or grow the foods we eat; we use a language that was developed by other people; we use another society’s mathematics. Very rarely do we get a chance to put something back into that pool. I think we have that opportunity now. “
“Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn’t matter to me… Going to bed at night saying we’ve done something wonderful; that’s what matters to me.”
“Don’t get hung up on who owns the idea. Pick the best one, and let’s go.”
“When I was 17, I read a quote that went something like: ‘If you live each day as if it was your last, someday you’ll most certainly be right.’ It made an impression on me, and since then, for the past 33 years, I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself: ‘If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?’ And whenever the answer has been ‘no’ for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something. ”
Dear reader, if you will have the thinking of great men, then one day you will become one. With such thinking, you will learn to build a variety of systems that will help you solve every problem and attain every goal. Thus, you can leave a significant mark in the history of humanity. Therefore, let us do everything in our power to develop this kind of thinking. Moving forward, let us take a closer look at the role of strategic thinking in system building.
To be continued Tomorrow, don’t miss it!
Excerpts from the Book “System Building – The Key To Resolving Every Problem And Attaining Every Goal.”. #DSABOOKS
This book can be found on dsabooksplanet.com and Amazon.com
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, CHURCH AND NATION
By Pastor Sunday Adelaja.