When Lenika Scott, CEO of Scott Marketing Group LLC, Raleigh, North Carolina, speaks, people listen. Why? She has credibility. You can believe what she is saying because she has been there. Referred to as the “Millionaire Mom,” this mother of 6 went from the pit to the palace and is eager to help others make total life changes.
They had lost everything
Lenika and her husband Gregg lost everything. They had built a business together and two years later it crumbled and they found themselves applying for food stamps. This would be enough to bring anyone down, let alone a family of 8. But not the Scotts! As Lenika explains it, “We did not focus on the pain but instead on the promise. We chose to focus on the vision we had for ourselves and our family.”
Two years later, they were back. Today, Lenika is CEO of Scott Marketing Group LLC based outside of Raleigh, North Carolina, an entrepreneur, multilevel marketing industry leader, an author and speaker, a life coach, minister, and mentor. She also has love and compassion for other people and a willingness to help them, including sharing her own success strategies:
- Be consistent: Being consistent today will affect future results tomorrow. Be consistent in everything.
- Have a strong work ethic: There is no getting around it, being successful takes hard work. Or, as Scott puts it, “Diligence is the key and when this virtue is applied, success is inevitable.”
- Be humble: “Humility is staying teachable no matter how much you know!” Humility keeps you open to continue learning.
- Be resilient: Not everything will always go smoothly, so be willing to learn from mistakes and be able to bounce back.
- Be forgiving: In business and life, focus on the positive. Be willing to forgive yourself and others.
- Take risks: Don’t be afraid to take calculated risks. If they don’t turn out well, learn from it. Risks teach perseverance.
- Own it: “At the end of the day, believe it, execute it, and OWN IT! “
For more details about Lenika Scott, visit www.lenikascott.com