21ST CENTURY PRODUCTS THAT CAN CHANGE THE ECONOMIC FUTURE OF NIGERIA
Let me therefore suggest what I believe could be the real answer to our foreign exchange earnings going forward.
It is what I call the futuristic businesses and leaders. I would advocate we go for 21st century produce, goods and services that are in demand in every country of the world.
Thank God we already have some futuristic business gladiators in our country. These men are seeing into the future. I am proud of them. It is clear they know what they are doing. Our government must get behind these men to give them all of the support they need. Through their proactive business approach, we could soon forget that we use to look up to oil for foreign exchange earnings.
1. Dangote is a futuristic thinker. His target is the export of finished products for foreign currency, not natural resources, but industrial products. Bravo, Mr Dangote!
2. Dangote is already putting Nigeria on the world map. His efforts would soon begin to earn much more foreign exchange earnings to Nigeria. He wants to make Nigeria one of the leading exporters of industrial products like cement, rice, salt, oil products etc. Again Kudos, Mr. Dangote!
3. Michael Akindele is a young man of the future. He produces mobile phones and other mobile devices that are already overrunning apple, Samsung, Nokia, etc in Africa. Can you believe this? These are Nigerian made mobile devices. That is a better way to get foreign currency earnings for Nigeria in the 21st century. We better support men like this to make the Nigerian brand go viral. That is where the government’s money should go.
4. Innoson IVM, owned by Chief Innocent Chukwuma, the first indigenous manufacturer of 100% Nigerian made vehicles. He is a man of the future. That is a better foreign currency earner for the country in the future. The government has to put money behind him to produce enough to export to as many countries of the world as possible.
5. Taofik Okoya is a man of the future because he is running the US Barbie Company out of Africa. He is a man of the future. That is a better way to earn foreign currency. If only the federal government would find it necessary to put their weight behind him.
6. The leaders of our new generation Banks, First Bank, Zenith Bank, Guarantee Trust Bank, United Bank of Africa, Access Bank and Eco Bank are men of the future. These banks alone could turn Nigeria into the financial hub of Africa. However, they too would need the support of the government to move up the ranks of international banking.
7. Inye, by Encipher, is Nigeria’s first Tablet PC. It was designed in 2009 by Saheed Adepoju who developed an android software, but could not find a suitable device to test it. People like Adepoju badly need the help of the federal government to going global. His tablet PC could easily compete with Ipad, Samsung and other imported devices, and outperform them in Africa. That is a sure means for foreign exchange earnings.
To be continued tomorrow…
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, CHURCH AND NATION
By Pastor Sunday Adelaja.