6 THINGS THAT GRIEVE GOD’S HEART THAT SHOULD GREATLY CONCERN US!
3. The next thing that grieves the heart of the lord is when truth is ridiculed: When God doesn’t see men who stand in defense of the truth. When men allow other people to ridicule, laugh and jeer at the truth, that cannot but bring sorrow to the heart of God.
“Let the first act of every morning be to make the following resolve for the day:
– I shall not fear anyone on Earth.
– I shall fear only God.
– I shall not bear ill will toward anyone.
– I shall not submit to injustice from anyone.
– I shall conquer untruth by truth. And in resisting untruth, I shall put up with all suffering.” ― Mahatma Gandhi
The state of Israel at the state of Isaiah’s writing is that truth was not only ridiculed, truth had fallen in the streets. Meaning, truth had become like a football, that is kicked and tossed around by passersby. That grieves God’s heart.
“In keeping silent about evil, in burying it so deep within us that no sign of it appears on the surface, we are implanting it, and it will rise up a thousand fold in the future. When we neither punish nor reproach evildoers, we are not simply protecting their trivial old age, we are thereby ripping the foundations of justice from beneath new generations.” ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn,
4. The next thing that breaks the heart of God and makes him to cry out of frustration for his men and their whereabouts is when equity has been squeezed out of the public square.
What is equity? It is the quality of citizens of a given society to relate to each other in fairness and impartiality. When fairness disappears from the public discuss of any nation, when partiality replaces impartiality, God begins to look for men – His men.
“There is a difference between what is wrong and what is evil. Evil is committed when clarity is taken away from what is clearly wrong, allowing wrong to be seen as less wrong, excusable, right, or an obligatory commandment of the Lord God Almighty .Evil is bad sold as good, wrong sold as right, injustice sold as justice. Like the coat of a virus, a thin veil of right can disguise enormous wrong and confer an ability to infect others.” ― John Hartung
In those societies where there are worthy men and women of God, not necessarily preachers or religious men, but men that know the ways of God, they stand up against the collapse of equity in their land. Those who are men in God’s eyes would live and die for the promotion of equity, fairness and impartiality.
When a society begins to lack such men, that is the kind of thing that, brings sorrow to the heart of our King.
To be continued tomorrow with the following points:
- The next couple of things that Break God’s heart which should greatly concern us