THE REALITY OF POVERTY IN OUR WORLD:
- The World Bank defines extreme poverty as living on less than the equivalent of 1 U.S. dollar per day.
- Moderate poverty is defined as living on less than 2 U.S. dollars a day.
- By that definition, a man earning 3 U.S. dollars per day or ninety U.S. dollars per month is not poor.
- This might seem ludicrous to those living in western countries. Nevertheless, more than 1 billion people live on less than a dollar a day and nearly three billion live on less than two dollars per day.
- In other words, about half the world lives each day on less money than the price of a Starbucks coffee!
- We all have a role to play in the eradication of poverty in our world today.
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, CHURCH AND NATION
By Pastor Sunday Adelaja